Airtech Ltd. had its origins in Chartair Ltd., formed at Thame, Buckinghamshire,
on 8 August 1946 and, following their acquisition of the airfield, renamed Airtech on 11 February 1947. The
company became a major aircraft maintenance and conversion centre and was responsible for the design of the special freight
pannier fitted around the former bomb bay of converted Handley Page Halifaxes as well as similar fitments to Avro Lancastrians and Tudors.
Airtech submitted a design to specification T.16/48 (eventually won by the Percival Provost), but undoubtedly their inexperience was against them.
| || || Not Identified|| || 1948|| T.16/48|| Proj|| 0|| Trainer|| (1)|
- British Aircraft
Specifications File, K.J. Meekcoms and E.B. Morgan (Air-Britain Publications, 1994)
Total Airtech Production 0